Adopt a Rock-wallaby
With only 30 to 40 Brush-tailed Rock-wallabies across the three Shoalhaven colonies, it’s no wonder every Rock-wallaby has a name!
Expert surveillance on remote infra-red cameras is just like a monthly roll-call, with each individual being identified by subtle physical features and personality characteristics. The Rock-wallabies are like family to their human Friends, who work tirelessly in the field, protecting and monitoring them.
An intimate way to help protect these endangered little Aussie rock-stars is through a $50 symbolic adoption.
As well as getting to know a super-cute survivor, you’ll be helping the Friends help the Shoalhaven colonies reach self-sustaining population levels to ensure their survival in the wild. You will also receive an information pack, as well as quarterly updates on the three growing Shoalhaven colonies. Adoptions are valid for one year.
All you need to do is look at the Rock-wallabies below and choose one, or more, to adopt!
You can also adopt using our Adoption Form.
What’s in an adoption pack?
- Personalised adoption certificate
- Poster and profile of your symbolically adopted rock-wallaby
- Kids activities and fact sheet
- Sticker, some postcards and a magnet
- Coloured information brochure on rock-wallaby biology, ecology and conservation
- One-year membership to the Friends of the Brush-tailed Rock-wallaby
- A quarterly e-newsletter with field updates on the Shoalhaven rock-wallabies as well as reports about the work of the Friends, NPWS and the NSW Recovery Team
As a Friend, you will receive regular newsletters to keep you up to date with our work and the Shoalhaven BTRW project.
Help us to preserve this iconic threatened species. Your valuable support is an integral part of the recovery process.
You can help protect these endangered little Aussie Rock-stars through a donation, you will also receive an adoption pack.
Buy Brush-tailed Rock-wallaby merchandise to support the cause, including t-shirts, soft toys and more.